Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Welcome / Making of..

Finally, after lots of coffee and HTML, I am proud to announce the first post! 

    
Dusting off my old schoolbook for some lost HTML knowledge !

The idea of making a weblog about feet was not new to me. Several good blogs already exist out there, and even I made an attempt several years ago. The first FeetXpress site was a dutch written weblog, mostly about amateur feet. It even got some coverage on Grenswetenschap.nl  

 
The dutch weblog Grenswetenschap.nl about the first FeetXpress site

Although the first site was fun to make, the fact that it was written in dutch made me realize that I maybe was limiting the audiance. Also because of the site's topic, there was a fair ammount of erotic advertising placed on it by the host. Also a thing I was no fan of. 

So time for a new chapter on Blogger.com !

First I wanted to create what you could call a new 'look and feel'

I had some different ideas about the title banner on top of the page. 

Messing around with differtent style templates, the end result is the site you are now looking at. I am pleased with the result, but also like to change things up from now and then! For now, it being summertime (the most pleasant season of the year when it comes to feet ;)), I gave the site a 'sunny theme' . Too bad in Holland we didnt have the chance to enjoy the sun that much this summer until now.. 

The last thing I want to share with u are the pretty feet of the girl you see in the header of this site. Here is the actual full-sized photo I used, and another one showing her face !

    
The girl in the header of the site

That's it for this first welcoming post / making of. 
Now I am going to have another coffee, and find out how to post image galleries in a post ;)

The Webmaster


No comments:

Post a Comment